This policy describes how Zodiac Shoes.com collects, uses, and shares personal information. Zodiac Shoes.com is a wholly owned division of Caleres, Inc. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Types Of Information We Collect
Use And Processing Of Information
Sharing Of Information
California Consumer Rights
How We Protect Personal Information
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
- Account Registration: We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information from you such as your age or location.
- Email Interconnectivity: If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
- Employment: If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.
- Feedback/Support: If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
- Mailing List: When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.
- Mobile Devices: We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.
- Order Placement: We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order for fulfillment and troubleshooting.
- Partner Promotion: We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
- Third Party Tracking: We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
- Web logs: We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites or our stores.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the checkout process.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Use and Processing of Information As discussed in the sections above, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions: We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent: We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent: We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public: You may have the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive or by clicking here. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive promotional mailings from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us at (Zodiac Shoes Customer Service) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website allows you to modify or delete your account profile. You can make changes to other information by contacting us at the information below or by clicking here. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the contact information below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the contact information below.
- Access To Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the personal information that have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the contact information below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
Shine the Light Inquiry. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us as described in the “Contact Information” section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Online Erasure Request. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of this site, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please submit a written request to us as described in the “Contact Information” section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a “California Online Erasure” request. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted, and there may be circumstance in which the law does not require or permit removal.
California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The right to know (individually) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your California Rights
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
• Right to Opt-out of the “Sale” of Your Personal Information. We do not sell your personal information in the conventional sense (i.e. for money). Like many companies, however, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you as well as other services and may transfer personal information to business partners for their use. Making personal information (such as online identifiers or browsing activity) available to those companies may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. You can request to opt-out of such “sale” of your Personal Information here:
DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION